Mock Digipak

We were assigned to create a mock digipak for a band that was chosen for us and we had to take the genre and apply it to the digipak. For me i was given a reggae duo called & Nate. I then started looking at generic conventions found in reggae art and music and found that the colours red, green and yellow were reoccurring colours that appear a lot in the art style for reggae music. I used this and added it to the digipak as much as i could in order for it to be as generic as possible. I added the palm trees in order to give it more of the Jamaican feel because palm trees are all over Jamaica and it would give it a good feel to the digipak. I also added to pictures of the artists because i feel that it would not be as good if the artists weren't on the album. The album track list relates to a lot of reggae music because most reggae music is about peace and positivity so i decided to give it some positive track names in order to fit the genre as much as possible.

This has helped me because it's bettered my knowledge of generic conventions in specific genres and its helped me be able to pick out generic conventions of specific genres and apply them to a digipak which is what i am going to need for my actual coursework.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm

Audience Questionnaire Analysis

Viral Music Videos